Guidelines For a Successful Fundraiser
- Select one or more chairpersons for your project. This person is in charge of overseeing the fundraiser, from distributing books and materials, collecting orders, and making sure all books are delivered. Keep track of all books distributed, returned, and paid for and select a committee of volunteers to help.
- Set a goal for your fundraiser. Very important! If your group needs to raise $1,000, your goal is to sell 100 books, or 3 per person. Ask for 100% participation to lighten the load, and makes sure everyone knows what the money will be used for.
- Set a time limit for your fundraiser. The length of a successful fundraiser is usually 2-3 weeks while the enthusiasm and motivation is high. If your group only meets once a month you may want to discuss the need for additional time with your Attractions representative. It is also very important that your Group agrees that during the period of this sale they will focus on selling the Dining and Value Guide Coupon Books only.
- Setting individual goals for each member and awarding them with a bonus or prize will make your fundraiser fun and more profitable.
- Spread the word, and you'll increase your sales and profits. Notify radio & TV stations, newspapers, newsletters, and community bulletin boards with news releases. Your news release should be news, and include all the pertinent information; who, what, where, why, and how, and be sure to include the name and phone number of the contact person.
- When collecting payments for sold books please have the purchaser make payment payable to your organization. All books must be sold at the price designated by Attractions and listed on your FGI agreement. Please make checks payable to Attractions.
- Please remember to pay for the books sold and return any unsold books in a timely manner. This will be greatly appreciated and will enable us to meet our production and distribution obligations along with printing and other business expenses. Returning unsold books and materials is the responsibility of your group. DC Publishing offers free pick-up and delivery of 100 books or more within the understood time frame of your sale. After your due-date it is your responsibility to return all unsold books. All books may be returned for full credit before your final payment date.
Thank you for choosing to fundraise with the Attractions Dining and Value Guide, "Everyone's favorite fundraiser". Please do not hesitate to call if we can be of further assistance.